A Notice to Patients: Coronavirus
We are Open!
Great news! The Illinois Department of Public Health has announced that dental providers are able to go back to seeing patients for routine care, including orthodontic appointments using strict infection control protocols as outlined by the American Dental Association.
We want to inform you of our new protocol starting Monday July 13th, 2020. We will no longer be taking temperatures and asking screening questions at the door. Everyone is to continue wearing masks and social distance to the best of your abilities. We are asking you to continue texting when you arrive. When you receive a text message to come in, please enter the building wearing a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be given to you. When you enter the building, please use the hand sanitizer at the table and sit in our waiting room until your name is called.
We are continuing to keep infection control a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. If you have to wait a few minutes, even after your scheduled appointment, the reasoning is most likely sterilizing the unit, the station you will be at and the instruments. We greatly appreciate your patience!
Our office is continuing to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We are keeping some of the changes we made. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- If a patient/parent has fever, sore throat, cough, or any respiratory symptoms, please call our office at (309) 692-3000 to reschedule their appointment out a few weeks. Also, please call to reschedule if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Our tooth-brushing station is closed. Please brush and floss your teeth at home. We will have you rinse with a mouth rinse when you arrive.
- Please wear a mask if you have one. If you don’t have a mask, one will be given to you when you enter the building.
- The waiting room is now our parking lot; please stay in your car. Please text us when you arrive and we will let you know when we are ready for you to come in at (309) 340-9472.
- Only patients are allowed in the building. Parents and siblings without appointments are to wait in the car. If needed, one adult may come in with the patient.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer coffee, magazines, and children’s books/toys since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing and more vigorous sterilization between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time. Please see the front desk if you have been waiting for more than 10 minutes either in your car or in our waiting room.
- Appointments will not be scheduled in the office if the patient comes in without a parent. We will call you to schedule your next appointment. Please be patient with us if you don’t receive a follow-up call the same day. If a parent does come in, they are welcome to schedule the next appointment with our front desk.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
If you do not feel comfortable to come in, do not hesitate to call our office at (309) 692-3000 to reschedule. Please call us also if you are having a dental emergency.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty in allowing us to create beautiful smiles for you, your relatives and your friends!
Orthodontics Ltd Team
Dr. Schuler, Dr. McShane & Staff