We recommend brushing your teeth four times a day, two minutes with water and two minutes with toothpaste. Brushing is most effective first thing in the morning, before and after each meal and right before bedtime. We also recommend using an electric or soft bristled toothbrush, replacing every three months, as it becomes less effective over time due to wear.
While brushing your teeth, you should:
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle making contact with the bracket and tooth.
- Use small, circular motions and repeat with each tooth.
- Brush every surface of your teeth: the front, the back and all chewing surfaces.
- Do not apply pressure or scrub.
- Brush your tongue to remove any food or debris.
- Prevident should be used once daily before bedtime.